The fourth Agri-Food Tech and Innovation Summit, this year themed Tech to Farm, Farm to Market – Adopting Ag-Tech, Scaling up Innovations takes place on 21 – 24 July 2020
ICC, Durban, South Africa . AFTI will host the event in partnership with the African Agri Council.
The summit provides well-informed insights on the upsurge in new thinking and the game changing developments in agri practices and technology and what is needed to truly scale these innovations to reach smallholder farmers and agribusinesses.
AFTI will combine strategic presentations and expert panel discussions, masterclasses and an interactive exhibition floor with superb networking. These platforms will provide a unique opportunity to connect with ag-tech influencers and innovators and gain a well-informed vision of ag-tech development and evolving agri opportunities in the region.
Agri sector experts and stakeholders, including foundations, aid agencies, policymakers, corporates, intermediaries, multilateral development agencies, impact investors, host governments, companies and entrepreneurs; will gather to share experiences and knowledge on building thriving inclusive markets.
• How technology innovation is transforming the world
• Innovation boosting productivity
• New ways to take tech to farms
• Giving farmers a route to market (data and information)
• Route to market innovations (smallholder farmers and agri-ventures)
• Smallholder farmers going regional and global – Case Study: China in Africa
• Increasing value addition: challenges and innovations in agro-processing, packaging
• Digitisation and data: AI in the future
• The power to produce – on-farm and near-farm energy
• Leveraging collaborations and partnerships of, for and by farmers
• Tech-enabled youth – the next generation farmers (NGF)
• Delegates hosted on site visits (close to Nairobi)