6th Agritec Africa exhibition to be held in Nairobi in June
The 6th Agritec Africa, an international exhibition on agricultural technologies will be held on June 19-21, 2019, at the Kenyatta International Convention Centre (KICC), Nairobi.
The event is expected to provide a great business platform and showcase for the agricultural industry.
Themed, ‘Improving Farmers’ Income through Technology’, and jointly organised with the Ministry of Agriculture, Livestock, Fisheries and Irrigation, the event will feature up to 150 companies from Kenya and abroad. It is expected to generate good business for stakeholders, with the more than 15,000 expected visitors.
“Such global exhibitions are very important for overall growth in agricultural the sector,” says Mr Sanyal Desai, CEO, Radeecal Communications.
This year’s show, the sixth one held so far, will feature firms with varied products, including irrigation, plasticulture, seeds, government bodies, banks, agricultural machinery, dairy technologies, poultry, grain and allied technology.
“For entrepreneurs with vision and seamless ambition, Agritec Africa provides a unique opportunity to see, learn, sell, buy and tie up,” says Mr Neeraj Shah, the CFO, Radeecal Communications.
Besides Agritec Africa, the organizers have also planned a Dairy Livestock & Poultry Expo Africa and Graintech Africa. Many international companies are expected display their products. Farmers, dealers, traders, agronomists, scientists, and farm owners will participate in the exhibition.
Agritec Africa covers 25 sectors, including dairy and livestock, as well as grain and allied technology. It offers an ideal launch pad for new ideas, products and services, and a conducive platform for forging joint ventures and collaborations. It is an open marketplace to source ideal solutions.
Participants include companies and organisations in agri-ecology, agricultural building contractors, agricultural machinery, aquaculture, biotechnology, fertilisers and chemicals. Others are in floriculture, forklift and handling equipment, greenhouses, irrigation and water technologies, livestock and dairy farming, marketing and export services, organic agriculture, seeds and plant propagation material. There will also be participants from plant protection, plasticultire, post-harvest treatment, poultry, precise agriculture, R&D, renewable energy, rural development, software and hardware, veterinary, turnkey projects and knowledge transfer products.
Key features of Agritec Africa 2019:
• Great platform for agriculture, dairy, poultry and livestock sector;
• Opportunity for B2B, B2C, B2G and Exim inquiries;
• Concurrent events: Dairy Livestock & Poultry Expo Africa & Graintech Africa;
• Jointly organised with Ministry of Agriculture, Livestock, Fisheries and Irrigation;
• International pavilion: China, India, Turkey and Egypt;
• International participation from countries such as China, France, Greece, Japan, India, South Africa, Egypt, USA, Turkey, Austria, Germany, Jordan, Israel, Denmark and Korea
• Technology displays from Pre-harvest to Postharvest
• Exhibition & Conference Theme: Improving Farmers’ Income through Technology
• Supported by Agriculture & Food Authority (AFA), Agrochemicals Association of Kenya (AAK), Agricultural Sectoral Development Support Programme (ASDSP) and Kenta National Chamber of Commerce & Industry (KNCCI)